Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back to Blogging

I've been out of the habit of blogging for these last few months, so I am just starting with something I want to start with. I'll go back and fill in the chronological gaps later.

Here I am in August drying clothes outside for several reasons. The first was that when we were in Spain this summer, we saw that no one has a dryer, and so they all hang their clothes on the line. My friend Michelle was living in Spain for the last six months and doing laundry for her family of 3 kids plus husband all without a dryer. So, I wanted to try it here at home. It worked great during the summer. A little bit longer to hang the clothes out vs. shoving them in the dryer, and hey I hardly ever iron anyway. True confession though is that as soon as the weather turned cold and it started taking forever for the clothes to dry, I went back to the dryer. But, to appease my green heart, I am going to start back again when the weather warms up.
Ah, the luxury of modern kitchens--here you see my washer and dryer in the right corner and my dishwasher straight on.

I happily embrace my American, upper middle class, mom identity when it comes to household appliances!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ramona, Ramona, I've missed you! Let's get together!

Bravo for your solidarity clothes drying! A few times as I was hanging up the wash I would think, 'I wonder if Ramona is still doing this? Of her own free will!'

I must make a double confession:
1) I really missed having a dryer --the ease of throwing it all in and having it dry and flouncy and smelling like a dryer sheet 20 minutes later . . .what a comforting luxury!
2) I was tempted to buy a drying rack at IKEA last week and now I think that once the warm sun comes out again in UT I will be doing some outside again. The family will think I'm crazy, but I miss it now. And when it is hot it really isn't too bad.

Don't feel bad about quitting in the winter. It would take days! The worst was when it was no longer warm outside, but not cold enough for the radiator to turn on. And a weekly washing of the linens?! HA!

Ramona said...

Hi Ramoney!This is from A.and T.Mostiy T.