Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's Fall in Utah











Really, I can hardly think of anything more strikingly beautiful. I took all of the pictures while we were hiking Stewart Falls with Atticus' Cub Scout group.

Atticus did not want to stop so that Mommy could take his pictures by the pretty leaves.



Tiare was a little more willing (granted she wasn't surrounded by all of her friends as this was a Cub Scout hike).



I could barely hike because I had to stop and take pictures all of the time.



For another activity, the Cub Scouts are going to do a water color of what they saw on the hike.





Clooney came too--of course he is an honorary Cub. The dog loves to hike--so glad that he is not just a lap dog!!



The Falls themselves were almost anti-climatic for me after seeing all of the leaves.



Not so for the Cub Scouts who then of course ran under the freezing cold waterfall.



Soggy, wet, and muddy...



We drive right by the cabin to get to Stewart Falls, and it was so beautiful that I had to stop and take a picture.






So next year for all of you who live out of state, plan to come and visit us for this great leaf event next year!

Juan (Chris' dad) and Emilia happen to be in town this same weekend, and so the next day we went up to Sundance and saw more leaves from there.





We ended the great Utah Fall weekend with dinner at Brick Oven where we saw Cosmo!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Yay, Ramona!! What beautiful pictures, and what a beautiful hike that must have been!! You are so lucky to live where all four seasons are fully manifested. We are so hot here!! We'll get a few fall leaves soon though. I haven't blogged for about 2 months because my account was too full of pictures!! I tried to purchase more space and it didn't work so I had to open a new account. Wonderful to hear from you, looks like you guys had a nice summer. Glad to be in touch! Happy Autumn! Love, Suzy

Bridget said...

Beautiful pictures! I love fall in Utah. Thanks!

Sole said...

Beautiful pics!
Besos