Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fly Fishing New Zealand


I have this real cool coffee table book about Fly Fishing. It highlights 7 top fishing spots in the world. New Zealand is one of the featured spots. Being an avid fly fisherman, I knew I had to check it out once I got here.

One of our contacts in Queenstown happened to know the rivers, so he took me out to some spots (he's also a photographer-hence the cool picts-thanks Johnny!)



The locales were mind blowing-so beautiful. One of the major differences of fishing in NZ compared to Utah is that NZ does not stock their rivers-there are not as many fish, but when you get one, it's pretty good.


Right when we got out of the car at our first spot-Wanaka-these ducks marched right up to me-it was so cool. So I pulled out some of my dried apples and we had a snack together


Next day went to a spot in Glenorchy-absolutely beautiful, but got skunked-I didn't even see a fish! But from the pictures below, you can still see how cool it was to be out there

No comments: