Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back to School for All of Us





If a picture is worth a thousand words, then these two pix definitely tell a 2000 word story about sibling dynamics and attitudes toward school! Read them for yourself.

Atticus is in 1st grade, and Tiare is in 2nd grade--can you believe it?

Chris is in his 5th year--one more before he goes up for tenure--yeah! And, the big news is that Ramona is in her 4th year--yeap, I've come out of retirement. It has been fun so far--2 months. I love having somewhere to go and something to do every morning. It is coming up on one year that my mom will be gone, so I am really grateful for the distraction to tell you the truth. Teaching, research, and writing, I have come to accept, really are my hobbies, so I might as well get paid for them. I still love yoga, running, and reading, but they don't pay as well.

We are adjusting really well--kids and Chris have really risen to the occasion and are now known to make their own lunches, eat cereal for breakfast, and other such adjustments. We are still working on getting the shirts ironed and keeping a supply of milk in the house. But, other than that, I think that it is going well. I love having secretaries who call me Dr. Cutri, and they even bought me my very own automatic pencil sharpener!! So, I'm your connection if you have a lot of dull pencils sitting around.

It's fall here, and so beautiful!! We are getting ready to by our ski passes and hit the slopes--it actually did snow here yesterday, but it has all melted. Plan your trips now--for winter visits to us!

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Cassandra Barney said...

Life can't get any better than this. You have it all Ramona Cutri. XOX C

familia Bybaran said...

I am so glad you are back into it. There are some lucky students this year at BYU. I can't wait to hear how things are going. And I LOVE Atticus' face in that top picture. The DREAD!