Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tiare ROKS!

Self titled self portraits by Tiare









For anyone out there who has lost some of that wonderful self esteem and confidence that comes from an enlightened 8 year old perspective on your body, here's a quote to help us get back to what it was like when we were 8 years old and knew that we ROKED (that's rocked spelled Tiare's way):

"Why, I say, should I ever have bitterly blamed [my body] for such trifles as I have blamed it for: for having too much flesh in this spot, too little muscle in that, for producing this wrinkle, that sag, that gray hair, or this texture? Dear body! My dear body! It has gone about its incessant business with very little thanks."--Janet Burroway (quoted in June's Oprah Magazine).

2 comments:

familia Bybaran said...

Tiare, you are gorgeous! Seriously. You are such a beautiful girl--inside and out. I love that quote Ramona. So true. That's why I love that you have us thank our bodies during Yoga.

Sara said...

I can't believe I've missed so many posts! This is just fantastic- Tiare, you are such a great example for the younger girls in our family. I'm so glad! You are beautiful and it's more because of the way that you act and ARE, and complimented by the way you look on the outside. Beautiful is as beautiful does.