Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why haven't I posted in a while?

Because Chris and I have been in Hawaii!! Yeap, five great days without the kids (thank you GG! and yes the kids were very mad at us for not taking them).

I was presenting at a conference there, and Chris, well Chris went for one reason and one reason only...

TO SURF!! He had a great time despite bruises on his chest and knees because he obviously doesn't get in much surfing here at home.

I did a lot of lounging by the pool when I wasn't at my conference--I'm not into sand when I can be perfectly clean by a beautiful pool with a view of the beach.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was the food--of course.

In this not so lovely picture of me, I am happily showing you my favorite condiments to put on my delicious local breakfast of rice and cornbeef hash--now you really have to be local or have grown up poor like I did to appreciate the fine delicacy of cornbeef hash--yum, it comes in a can like SPAM, and we ate it very often growing up--it's cheap or maybe it came with the free boxes of food that we would get. I don't know, but it has a fond place in my memory and it is best served, in my opinion, with both ketchup and kikoman!! Perhaps my choice of both is revealing my multicultural roots--the haole in me loves the ketchup and the bit of Korean loves the kikoman!

We did so much relaxing on this trip that these are the only two pictures that we took of us. Chris did lots of artistic photography, but we'll leave that for another photo exhibition, not the blog.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I fantasize about the days where we can take a vacation and leave babies at home.

familia Bybaran said...

Wow! Amazing. I am glad you didn't take too many pictures. The jealousy would have driven me crazy. I am with Tiffany. Sign me up for HI without the kids too.

Bridget said...

That sounds so amazing! Warm Hawaii. And I think I might be ready to try corned beef hash- it is an English fare!

Sara said...

next: Bybee Family Fiesta, Hawaii Edition! Right??

lucy said...

oh hello there, I'm jealous. I love Hawaii....my kind of vacation! It's nice to see you guys again!