Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ski School



You can't even tell how beautiful it was last Friday from these pictures. It truly was like being in a postcard--especially on the back mountain.

Here is the happy little train of ski schoolers.

Tiare at the end of a run...


Atticus, our snowboarder this year, was no where to be found during picture time. Now that he's a hip snowboarder he doesn't take kindly to Mom or Dad on skis coming up and yelling, "Hi Atticus!" and taking pictures. We'll aim for a covert shot of him next time.

Skiing as a family is absolutely one of our favorite things to do as a family. My favorite part is riding up on the lift together--10 minutes plus of uninterrupted talking time plus amazing views of nature. It doesn't get better than that, and for that I am so grateful to live so close to the mountains.

5 comments:

ang said...

looks like fun! how old were the kids when you started taking them??

Libbi said...

You are so right. I think skiing as a family is one of the best things you can do together. It is one of my fondest memories as a child. Those long lift rides are the best times you can talk and bond. So glad to have the mountains so close!

Bridget said...

We totally miss Sundance. I loved leaving the big kids on the slopes and me sitting and reading a good book and sipping tea.

lucy said...

This is on my to do list this winter...take the older boys skiing. I probably wouldn't do a ski school but I am just itching to take give them this experience.

Unknown said...

Ramona how lucky you all are! I miss those mountains terribly. I love those little bits of uninterrupted talk time. They are not often or long enough for my taste, but I will take what I can get. I need your email girl. I have wanted to send things to you multiple times and somewhere along the way I lost it. Let me know.