It has been a heart breaking week. So amazing how one week you can say, "I'm going to be on the radio/tv/newspaper," and it is a good thing. Then, so shortly afterward say the same thing and it is for such a sad reason. You can click here to watch the news clip and read the story. My family and I are all fine, so don't worry, but we were very close to the girl who was shot and are close to the boy who accidentally shot her.
Lessons learned: 1) if you must have guns (which I can not understand in the first place) keep them locked up; 2) get kids gun safety lessons so that the mystery of them is lessened; 3) live life to the fullest each and every day. Kat really did do this last one so wonderfully even though she had no idea her life would end so quickly. I was lucky to know her. I send love and healing to all involved with this terrible accident. There is no asking why it happened--there is no answer to this question. There is just feeling the feelings we are experiencing right now and moving forward with love and service.
4 comments:
When I saw it on the news, I wondered if that was near you. What a tragedy; we send our prayers to your friends and good job posting the lessons learned.
Sincere condolences. How frightening and scary. I trust that 13 year old gets help to deal with this right away.
That is heartbreaking. We send you our love and condolence.
oh, so sorry to hear about this! am so sad for both families and for the boy.... loved your thoughts
Post a Comment