Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ski Season is Over

We had a great season of skiing as a family!



Atticus snowboarded this year. Is that the smirk of a cool snowboarder or the sweet smile of my little guy? Maybe a little bit of both! Atticus was so good at snowboarding that it was just him and a 6th grader in his ski school class this year!

Each year we ski my favorite part is the same--getting to ride up the lift with the kids. It is the best uninterrupted family time ever--just sitting in the beauty of nature and getting to talk. I love it!

But, it's time to wave good-bye to the ski season

(I just love the pix of our gloves drying!)

After skiing, most times we hardly have energy to move, so our favorite apres ski activity is to go get Thai food at our fav restaurant.


But of course it's Utah, so just because it is Spring doesn't mean that the snow has gone away--you know, one day it is 67 degrees out and the next day you've got a big pile of snow again!


So, until next year, we will put away our ski things for now. Chris' latest idea is that the kids will pick our apricots and sell them at the Farmers' Market to raise money for their ski passes next year. I'll try to keep you posted on how this enterprise goes!

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

What fun to sell the apricots at the farmer's market! I can't wait to hear how that goes.

Ingrid said...

I love this idea of selling the apricots-- genius!

familia Bybaran said...

We had snow today! Yuck. I love these pictures and it really does make me want to move right out there and join you guys on the slopes or at least at the restaurant afterwards.

Hula Girl said...

YAY YA YAAA Y NO MORE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!