Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cutri-Powell Cabin Trip

Yes, we have been home from France for a while, and we have been doing other fun summer activities. I just haven't gotten around to posting them yet. So, here's the first fun summer post trip adventure--our great get away to our cabin with the Powell Family.

All of the kids love spending time together--running around inside the cabin or running around the deck--it was a little herd of fun!

You know it's a vacation when the moms let the kids just run around with a bag of chips in hand! What's a cabin get-away without constant snaking opportunities?!






The first afternoon we got there, we took off to ride the lift up the mountain and hike around.





The ride up the lift was great fun in and of itself. It was fascinating to see what the mountain looks like without snow. We are so used to it with snow--it really looks different!

We got off on the second lift stop and hiked up to this...




It was windy up there, but no one blew off the peak thank goodness!!



The next day we lounged around during the morning, and then finally took off to hike Stewart Falls. The day was super beautiful!





We enjoyed the easy hike up to the Falls, and the big kids got up close!





But, that wasn't enough...the big kids and dads took off for the High Falls...







Now least you think that I am just exaggerating by calling them the High Falls, here are some perspective shots...



Yes, that's Cristy and me and the twins way down at the bottom looking like mere little specks!



Climbing down from the High Falls...





I often feel that I am living inside a postcard when I am up at the cabin! Utah is a beautiful place and even more fun when we get to enjoy it with friends!

2 comments:

familia Bybaran said...

I'm ready for Utah.

steph said...

Super fun... I love the family/friend trips! Looks like a great time. You and cristy -babes!