



After presents, we had a big waffle breakfast--Atti's favorite breakfast made by Chris and served on the special red plate that says "you are special".
Then, at noon, it was time for Atticus' Water Birthday Party.


Atticus' best friend Gaven won this amazing waterslide in a contest and has lent it to Atticus two years in a row to use at his birthday party. I wish that I knew how to upload video from my iPhone to Picasaweb so that you could see how much fun they had playing on this waterslide! If anyone knows how to do that--please leave me a comment and tell me. The party lasted from noon until 5:30 p.m.!! The only reason why they stopped is because all of the moms started calling and asking where their boys were.
But, the big day didn't stop there, that night was Atticus' first Pinewood Derby.

For those of you who don't know, the Pinewood Derby is a boyscout thing where the boys make little cars to race made out of wood. For those of you who do know what the Pinewood Derby is, you will also know that in most cases the dads love to participate in the making of the car even more than the boys.

Look at that sense of pride on Chris' face! He's reliving his glory days as a boyscout--cubscout something like that. I don't know anything about all of this, but am learning quickly.

See Atticus' car is red and black the color of the soccer team Newell's Old Boys--Chris' and his dad's favorite team in Rosario, Argentina.
Off to the race...

Now least you think this is just some simple racing of little wooden cars, I present to you proof of high production value Pinewood Derby racing...

All scores were immediately posted after the races on the electronic scoreboard, there was an announcer telling funny jokes over the loud speaker--this was a production!

The whole day made for one very happy cubscout!

The other big event associated with Atticus' birthday was his baptism. It was really a wonderful event--the Spirit was so strong as Chris and Gilda gave the talks and we all watched Atticus get baptized. There were so many wonderful family members and friends there--it was packed with people who love Atticus. We have no pictures of this great event as Atticus didn't want us to take any. He finally agreed to let Jason take one picture of him and Chris, but I don't have that picture yet, so I'll have to post it later. After Tiare's baptism, we had a nice luncheon here at our house for everyone who came. Atticus didn't want to have a luncheon, the only thing that he wanted to do was to go to Wendy's, so that's exactly what we did!!!
4 comments:
Way to go Atti! What a fun birthday. That water slide looks awesome! Can we borrow it for my 31st birthday party?
Love you guys, and I'm so excited to see you all soon.
Happy Birthday, Atti! What a great day!
Great post! It was great to see the pictures of Atti's b-day and catch up.
besos
Happy Birthday Atticus! Congrats on the pinewood derby. I wish I could have been there. All of this sounds so much fun!
Post a Comment