Sunday, July 12, 2009

Elections for President of the Cutri House

Atticus and Tiare are having an election for president of the house—our house. Each of them are candidates. Atticus’ motto is, “Be Yourself!” Tiare’s is “Go Green!” At first Tiare was considering, "Go Green and Choose the Right!", but then upon reconsideration chose to simplify it to "Go Green!" (She apparently wanted to broaden her appeal beyond just the CTR crowd.)

Atticus says that his motto is better because it is an election for president of the house and his motto helps the whole house not just the environment. He is giving out free taffy. Atticus' campaign promises include being nice, letting GG watch CNN, and giving people 40 cents.



To coordinate with her "Go Green" motto, Tiare has an outfit of a green shirt and a pretty green bow in her hair. She is handing out free lemonade and selling Taffy and Nerds. With the free lemonade, she gives out a reminder sign that says, “Be green like Tiare. Bring your own bags for shopping and turn off the lights and let the sun be your light.”



They are going to be holding debates later in the week, and then putting out the ballot box. Atticus reminded me that I can only vote for one of them.

The thing that I love so much is that each of them approaches whatever task they are engaged in with exactly their own personalities!

8 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

That is so great, Ramona! I keep thinking I need to encourage more things like that at my house. Maybe moving close to you again will inspire me to keep up with the Cutris. ; )

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

How on earth will you vote? I love that Atticus reminded you you can only vote for one of them.

Emily said...

I love it! I'm just curious what responsibilities the newly elected president will hold... coming up with the new family budget? This could get really fun.

ChrisC said...

it won't have anything to do with responsibilities. It's only a coup for dominance over their parents

Sole said...

LOL I can't wait for the debates!
Besos

Michelle said...

Tell Atticus he can have my vote just send my 40 cents each DAY!!!

familia Bybaran said...

That is awesome! What a way to learn the process. I am so glad I don't have to vote though. I would totally be stuck. Though I like the green theme, I also think it's important to be yourself. Gosh, maybe it will be too close and the court will have to decide it in the end. May the best candidate win!

Jackie said...

Paris, beach, Utah mountains, Cutri elections -- you are all having a wonderful life! I love to read about it! Jackie