
Hello everyone-this is Chris. I just started taking up running again recently. I thought a good way to motivate me was to sign up for a 5K. Atticus likes to run and we've been training a little bit together. We only trained for 2 weeks and during that time I ran 3 miles once. The day we went out to do our 3 mile run, Atticus went back home after about a mile. He was watching a taped episode of Brady Bunch and wanted to get back to it. I told him he could do what he wanted to, but that he'd have to deal with the consequences of the race coming up. He bailed and I continued running. I was nervous for him on race day. To make a long story short, Atticus beat me in the race and ended up getting 2nd place for the 12 and under age group (he's only 8). It was a great experience to do a race like that with him. We ran the same route of the homecoming parade (which was coming behind us) so there were a lot of people cheering us on-especially Atticus since this was mostly an adult race
Atticus waiting for the medal ceremony
The Champ
ESPN College Game Day was there before the race
Parade festivities with the Collette's
One of the great benefits of living in a college town-festivities, youthful energy, and tons of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment