Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall 2011

Fall is flying by so quickly! Here are some highlights...

Tiare all dressed up for her friend's Harry Potter Birthday Party...




Tiare's fun rec league soccer team...



My big boy Atticus Kai and I on a "mommy and son date" to SLAB pizza...





Atticus and Nico--two of Utah FC's best players! The team made it to the quarter finals of the state cup this year!! (I guess all of that carpooling was worth it)



Here's Atticus' Cody Hoffman haircut...



I agreed to him getting it half thinking that no one in Provo would know how to do it. That wasn't too smart of me since Cody Hoffman lives here!! (he's a BYU football player).

A few weeks later after a soccer game, the boys went to In-N-Out (which has become a total tradition now), and guess who was there...Cody Hoffman!

November 6, 2011
Tiare had real fun with Egyptian Studies this year. She researched Egyptian clothing and make up...



We unexpectedly got tickets to General Conference which was so fun because the kids hadn't been before...





I love this picture...







Tiare turned 12! And in keeping with the Cutri family tradition, birthday gifts and the red plate awaited her upon waking...





Chris and I took Tiare to Ripples for her birthday lunch--getting checked out of school to go to Ripples is one of my kids favorite things to do...





The funny thing about these photos is that Tiare is wearing a U2 concert t-shirt that I got at a concert back in the 80's, and I'm wearing the same shirt I wore when I took Atticus out for his mommy/son date--I do love that shirt!

And Tiare loves my U2 shirt...



Tiare wanted to have a family birthday party, so that is what we planned. Then at the last minute she invited 3 of her cute friends Madeline, Clara, and Storie



I got her an ice cream cake because she always wanted one (and I had a coupon!) It was so good--chocolate peanut butter ice cream with white cake...





Doesn't Sole look cute in this picture! She looks like one of the little girls!

Tiare's favorite present by far were her Toms!



(Thanks Aunt Sole!)

But the best part about Tiare is that she also loves her headlamp that she got too (she is a well rounded girl)...



(Thanks Jared and Mehrsa!)

Chris and I got her a craft box stuffed full of craft goodies like a hot glue gun, glitter, etc.



Steve was in town on the night of Tiare's birthday so it was great to see him and he gave Tiare a Killer Dana Surf Shop sweatshirt that she has worn everyday since then...



(Thanks Steve!)

Steve got Atticus a cool Killer Dana t-shirt!



In classic Tiare style, she took the decorations for her party into her own hands and came up with amazing decorations...





We've loved having the Bybee/Baradarans so close to us...here's Lulu in our favorite toy store here in town...



Here's a holiday wreath that Tiare made using all her supplies from her craftbox...Look out for more adorable wreaths at the Beehive Bizzaar where Tiare will be selling them...



Here's little Tank looking so cute!



Here's Clooney curled up on Chris' pillow in bed (don't worry I wash the sheets really often!)...




Here's a gorgeous sunrise from our house (see the moon still shining from the night before)...



Here's a shot from the opposite view...



The fall colors against the blue sky were so brilliant.



Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I had the decorations out before Oct 1st! (don't worry I put them away Halloween night!). It is really the only holiday that I will get to really decorate for this year as we'll be gone for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.



Here's Cyra, Tiare, and Lulu at my work Halloween party...





That's me dressed as a witch helping Lulu win the sack race. I won best costume and got a free meal at Cafe Rio (ok, let's just admit that winning best costume at a party full of a bunch of academics really isn't that much of an accomplishment, but hey Cafe Rio is my fav so I'm not complaining!)

Atticus was a pirate and wore my boots as part of his costume, but his feet are bigger than mine, so he was a bit uncomfortable...



Here he is slurrping up some grub before hitting the streets...



Pretty Glinda the Good Witch doing the same, but in graceful style...





Tiare's costume went along with her friend Clara's who went as Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz and carried Tank as Toto!

Chris went out of town for a conference, and so the kids and I lived it up big with food that we can never eat when Chris is home...fried hot dogs and mac&cheese...



Atticus had Colonial Days at school...



He wore my boots again for that costume too. I wore them to work a few days later not realizing how scuffed up they hot gotten after a night trick-or-treating and one day at elementary school.



It snowed last night, and Tank and Atticus could not wait to get out into the wild...



We were looking at some skiing pictures from last year and remembering how much we love it. Atticus then said, "Mom, I don't want to go to New Zealand, I want to stay home and ski!" Well, let's just hope we get enough snow to get to go a few times before we leave!

1 comment: