Saturday, July 7, 2007

Finally a Blog from Ramona


Yes, I've written a dissertation, articles, co-authored a textbook, etc., BUT I've never been able to figure out how to make a blog. Finally, my friend Emily just made one for me! Thank you Emily!!

I'm just going to start putting up pictures and not worrying that they are not in chronological order or anything else. I have not scrapbooked in so long now, that I just have to get started again documenting our family's life!!

I have only read three other blogs before in my life (Mehrsa, Cass, and Noelle you should feel very important!), so I don't really know the format. So, I'm just going to tell about the pictures that I am putting up/posting--what is the blog-correct phrase? How do you get the words to show up right under the pictures? Oh, well, I'm just going to start...

This is a picture of us at a friends wedding about 3 years ago--I love this picture. It was a magical night, but it was three years ago, so what do we look like now?--well we are all bigger!


Here's a picture of Tiare from a photo shoot that she just did with our one friend who is a photographer and his wife who is an art director. The photo was for a magazine called Organization or Organized or something like that. Isn't Tiare cute? She is such a big girl now--going into 2nd grade in the fall. She has very long hair now because she is super responsible and brushes out the knots almost everyday!



These pictures show long haired Atticus and short haired Atticus. Chris usually cuts Atti's hair, but Chris was traveling so much this spring that he did not have time to cut Atticus' hair. One day, Atticus was so mad that his hair was long like a girl's. So, I took him to the BYU barber shop and told him that he could cut his hair however he wanted to. Atticus told the person that he wanted stick up hair with gel, and this is the result. It makes him look so much older. Atticus has now experimented putting in the gel himself and can get a real good faux hawk going! He is so handsome!! He was in the photo shoot with Tiare, but we don't have copies of those pictures yet. The first picture of Atticus with long hair is from when he won his trophy at Chess Club. He is one his way to first grade next year! I can't believe that my baby is so big boy.



Here's Chris and I on the subway in Paris. We had an amazing two weeks in Paris and the Basque country in northern Spain just the two of us. Gilda stayed with the kids at home. We went to Europe because Chris got asked to present his film at a film festival in San Sebastian, Spain. The whole trip was amazing!! Chris' film got an amazing reception. He was so happy, and I was so proud of him. We also got to do so much family history work!! Amazing experiences--really, if you just try a little bit to do the work, Heavenly Father will open up opportunities that you could have never imagined! I'll have to make a whole different entry about the family history experiences that we had.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Ramona and company, I'm honored to be the first to comment on your new blog. I'll put it in my blog rotation and check in. Thanks for the pictures!! Glad to see that you're all doing well.

Emily said...

Wow Ramona, this is so great!! What great pictures of you all, and even better stories to go along with them. We love you guys! I'm so glad you're blogging!