Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Starting To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Well, it started to look a lot like Christmas on Thanksgiving Day when Tiare made her gingerbread house.


It was Mrs. Santa's idea to jump-start the Christmas season with gingerbread houses made on Thanksgiving day. Ok, that's not really Mrs. Santa, but she sure does look like it right?! That's our wonderful neighbor Martha who kindly invited the kids over to join her family's 25 year tradition of making elaborate gingerbread houses. They have it down to a science, and this is an accomplishment let me tell you. We've tried on our own for several years and they always fall down. Martha says it's all in the frosting. Where is Atticus' gingerbread house you may ask? Well, he preferred to stay home with Daddy and watch the football game.

All Thanksgiving weekend the kids kept asking if it was December 1st so that they could open the first day of their Lego advent calendar sent to them by their Aunt Julie. They LOVE this tradition that Julie started. I had said that December 1st was "after Thanksgiving." So, literally right after eating Thanksgiving dinner, Atticus started saying, "Ok, it's time to open the Lego calendar!" I guess that I should have been more specific that December 1st was going to be exactly 4 days after Thanksgiving.

Here, the growing Lego town a few days into December.

We really knew that Christmas was on its way when it FINALLY snowed.




I'm not sure who enjoyed the snow more, Tiare or Cluney. Atticus loved it too. He was the first to hit the snow and test out his snowboard

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that the post before this one, Tiare is in shorts and this one she is bundled in snow clothes. Miss that crazy UT weather. Baltimore is cold or mild, but no real snow to speak of yet. Miss that.

lucy said...

I want a Martha as a neighbor. What a cutie!

Stephanie Collette said...

Hello Cutris

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I love the gingerbread house. Ben and I make one every year that starts with graham crackers glued to a box. We need a neighbor like Martha! I looks like you are having fun in the snow. We love your dog. So cute!