Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Twilight--ah Edward


"In some ways, the scrupulous Edward is an ideal lover, after all, many teen-age girls don't want intercourse; they want romance, and here is a boy with superhuman powers who is nevertheless real sweet with his girl, and protects her from harm without demanding anything but the chance to adore her."

I couldn't have said it better myself! Now, least you think this description was written by some flim-flamsy movie reviewer, just stop yourself right now. The above is a direct quote from David Denby the film reviewer for the New Yorker--that's right the New Yorker. Fact check it yourself if you like on page 76 of the Dec. 1st issue.

My new favorite movie reviewer, David, goes on to say of the most romantic movie of the year: "A genuine love story might be difficult for a young audience to handle, but this fantasy is blissful madness--an abstinence fable sexier than sex." Oh don't you worry about those younger audiences David, us 40ish gals totally get it!!

2 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

That is so funny! I read that article in the New Yorker thinking it was going to totally turn up its nose at Twilight, and was very pleasantly surprised! I had to even crow a bit about it to Peter, who probably rolled his eyes....

lucy said...

LOL. I'm in total agreement with everything