The funny thing is that I only like turkey the actual day of Thanksgiving. Then after that, I can't stand it.
Here's Chris' delicious pumpkin pie...
Now, unlike turkey, I could eat pumpkin pie for days after Thanksgiving--actually I just finished a slice right now!
Here is our beautiful table decorated by Tiare...
Yes, those are paper plates. I have always scoffed at people who would use paper plates for Thanksgiving, but I tell you it made it so easy!! I just might do it again for Christmas!! Eeeks, my reputation as a good host will be ruined, but I am trying to accomplish less and be more mellow, and I might just be onto something with paper plates.
We also ate facturas (Argentinian pasteries)...
We also ate empanadas and milanesas throughout the week. I remember growing up at my aunt's house we'd have the traditional American Thanksgiving food and also have rice and kimchee too, so now that I've married into the Argentine side of things, it only makes sense that we continue to have a multicultural twist on our American holiday meals.
Sole is a good cook even if she doesn't cook often.
Altogether, it was a relaxing week filled with yumminess and family!
3 comments:
Mmmm... I love empanadas! We used paper plates, too-- we've been dishwasher-less for 3 weeks, so it made perfect sense. It does make it easy! I'm glad you had such a good Thanksgiving.
what an awesome thanksgiving! besos
Yum!
Post a Comment