Tuesday, July 29, 2008

California Adventure

Ok, we are scheduled to go to Disneyland California Adventure tomorrow, but today we had a real California adventure--AN EARTHQUAKE!! Yeap, 5.4 I think was the final reading. It was centered in Chino Hills and felt as far as Las Vegas.

Tiare and I were in the supermarket. We had just walked in the door, and it felt like the store got slammed from one side. I didn't think earthquake right away. I just thought, what was that. Then, stuff started falling from the shelves. Then, it felt like the store got slammed the other direction. I then realized, oh, it's an earthquake! I grabbed Tiare's hand and we walked out of the store to the parking lot. I stood there for a while and wondered if I should go back in and make my purchases. I quickly came to my senses as I remembered my earthquake safety and realized that there would be aftershocks. We got in the car and went home to my cousin Steve's house where Chris and Atticus were.

Well, the rest of the day was uneventful earthquake wise--thank goodness! We spent the rest of the day playing in the pool--pictures to come later.

I guess California is always an adventure!

2 comments:

Sole said...

What an adventure! I can't wait to here about your day at Disneyland and see pictures..
Besos

Heather Richardson said...

I was driving in the car on the 5 Freeway with the kids listening to a local NPR show when the host said "We're having an earthquake!" but we couldn't feel a thing with the movement of the car! So I feel a little bit gypped...I think that is the biggest earthquake to hit for the entire time i've lived in So Cal, and I feel like I missed it!

I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation here, getting together would be fun but it seems that summer is always so busy! Maybe we can meet up with the grandmas at the Laguna Resource Center...

enjoy the rest of your summer!

The Richardsons