Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

It really has been spectacular weather--so warm!! We worked all day in the yard yesterday, and the kids, Chris, and the dog played all morning today.

The kids kept singing, "Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. Everything is coming up roses, everything is going my way!"

The show tunes reference comes largely from their friend Ethan who was in a wonderful production of Oklahoma. We got to see him perform last weekend.


The other songs that they were singing today included Christmas carols and America the Beautiful. I just love to hear what is going through their heads and out of their mouths. These were all songs today that they thought were appropriate "Sunday Songs."

2 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

Oh, we are big musical fans here as well!

And as for the weather, today was in the '90s! And unfortunately for the wildfire fighters, quite windy.

Enjoy your week!

Libbi said...

I got the background from the same place you got yours. I think is is called cutest backgrounds or something like that. Thanks for the blog. It is fun!