So what are the kids up to this Sunday afternoon? Well, they have opened a bookstore.

Here they are at the shelves ready to look for any book that you desire. Tiare was giving Atticus a quiz to see if he could quickly locate all of the sections. The sections that she quizzed him on were: fiction, religion, travel, art, children's, and books on making movies. Now, the funny, or sad, thing is that we actually have enough books on our shelves that we really do have them organized into just about these very sections. The only major section that Tiare didn't mention was our self-help section which includes lovely titles such as "How to Stop Nagging" and "The Sacrificial Mother." Maybe I'm glad that the kids don't pay too much attention to that section!

Here's Tiare at the main desk of the bookstore. You have got to double click on this picture because the details are so worth it! One of the signs says to ring a bell for assistance. The other signs name the magazines that are available for sale--The New Yorker, Dwell, and Oprah.
Here's another close up of the magazine section of the bookshop. What I love is the creative shelving solution to display the magazines--skateboards! Of course the dog is one of the main customers at the shop.

Their bookshop is not just for buying books, but also for enjoying them. Here is the reading and lounging area. They took the rug out of the living room and the carving of the man and the woman just for decoration.

Tiare walked by as I was doing this post and said, "Mom, why do you have to blog about the stuff that me and Atticus do?" I told her it was because I love them both and am proud of them. Tiare then said, "Mom, we only do this stuff because we are so bored all of the time!"
5 comments:
I've always felt like boredom in the right hands fosters some fine creativity.
So does this mean Atticus is not sending me my $.40??? Oh well! Aren't they lucky to live in a home where there are so many books! I love it. Have a great week!!! Can't wait to see what they come up with next week. Love ya, Michelle
That's my dream, to run a bookstore! The used book store in Hilo is for sale, and I'm tempted! (http://konabaybooks.com/about_us)
Your kids would make a book store. The day my kids stop pretend playing "puppy puppy" or "princess princess" and want to play "bookstore bookstore", I have arrived as a parent. I can't ever hope for "election election"--that would just be expectations set too high. (By the way, Cyra has to say the word twice for it to be a game"
Cutri Familia!
Ramona, I finally remembered to look up your blog. Yay! It will be so fun to "keep in touch" this way. Hope you're all doing great.
~Kelley Apple
Post a Comment