Saturday, October 17, 2009

Best In Show!

You should just skip this post if you are not into dogs because it will probably just annoy you. But, if you like dogs, read on.

So everyone knows that economic times are tough and everyone is trying to save money these days. So, I can get my hair cut and colored for $60 including tip--that is REALLY inexpensive! It costs me about the same amount to send my dog to the groomer's. Well, this month, I decided to save the money on the groomer and wash and cut Clooney's hair myself.



Here we are post wash and into the styling stage.



Clooney is very patient and doesn't seem to mind it at all. I know that the groomer blow dries him, so I thought why not try it?!



Did you know that I always wanted to go to beauty school? I even went down to Vidal Sassoon Beauty School one time when I was in college, but it was so expensive. It was cheaper for me to get my BA, so that's what I did. But, here you will see all of my beauty tools. My $70 blow dryer, my hair brush. I had to ditch the dog brush and use my own hair brush as I was just not getting the kind of volume that I wanted in Clooney's mullet with the dog brush. Don't get grossed out, I just had washed the dog using my Biolage Matrix shampoo and conditioner.



The final results look so cute! Hard to tell from this picture, but I even cut his hair on his ears so it looks like a cute little blunt cut! I told you not to read this unless you liked dogs, so no getting annoyed with my indulgence. Clooney really does bring so much joy to our family, and hey, he was cheaper than adopting that third child we always wanted!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm impressed. I only send Beau to the groomer every three months. I haven't dared cut him myself, yet, I just do the wash and dry and comb out. Ugh. If his hair is really long, I feel I can cough up a hair ball.

Clooney looks great! A second career is born!

Colett (*.*) said...

you are so funny! Good job!

krysta said...

Ha ha ha This is soo great! I am so proud of you. Well done. I can't speak from dog grooming expireance, but I must say, when you have the right tools, you can do anything! You go girl!